Hospitality Grant Program
The Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau Fund was established to support Albany County's hospitality industry by funding programs that will help build and sustain Albany County tourism destinations, attractions and events and bring more visitors to the County. The grant range is between $1,000 and $5,000. It is important that organizations applying demonstrate approximately how many overnight hotel stays this project will yield.
To qualify for a grant, the applicant must be a certified U.S. nonprofit tax-exempt organization as designated by Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3), whose work falls within the area outlined above. The Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau Fund will consider grants for the following:
- Located in Albany County
- Events of a permanent nature that support and enhance tourism infrastructure and the positive image of Albany as a destination
- Activities that will increase attendance and tourism
- Capital campaigns and requests for capital expenditures
- Challenge grants where funds may be used as a match
- The fund will also consider grants spread over a specific number of years when appropriate
The Fund encourages collaboration between nonprofit organizations, community groups, and hospitality businesses.
The grant is being administered by the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region.
Timing & Application
The grant application is due on September 14, 2017, and the form can be emailed to Shelly Connolly, Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to see The Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau - Grant Evaluation Rubric for an explanation on how the grant application will be evaluated.
- November 17, 2017 - Discover Albany awards $48,000 to grow tourism
- November 10, 2016 - Albany CVB Grants $50,500 to County Non-Profits to Grow Tourism Economy
- November 10, 2015 - Albany CVB Grants $61,800 to County Non-Profits to Grow Tourism Economy
- December 1, 2014 - Albany County Convention and Visitors Bureau Foundation Announced Grant Recipients
- November 22, 2013 - Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau Announces New Round of Hospitality Grant Recipients
- April 22, 2013 - Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau Announces Grant Support for County Nonprofits
- November 26, 2012 - Albany County CVB Announces New Hospitality Grant Program