Celebrate Pride in Albany
The Capital Pride Festival hosted by the Pride Center of the Capital Region is one of the largest celebrations of pride in Upstate New York. Save the date for June 6 - 9, 2019! Stay tuned for more information regarding special events celebrating World Pride in Albany.
Founded more than 400 years ago, Albany is filled with rich history and traditions, beautiful architecture, spectacular events and entertainment venues, amazing restaurants, and a vibrant and active gay and lesbian community.
A Welcoming Community
Residents, business leaders, community partners, and public figures work together to support the LGBTQ community in Albany.
- The Pride Center of the Capital Region is the oldest continuously operating LGBTQ center in the country. Based in Albany, the Pride Center has been meeting the diverse needs of the LGBTQ community since 1970.
- The Pride Center of the Capital Region hosts the Capital Pride Festival, one of the largest celebrations of pride in Upstate New York every June.
- Albany scored a 100% on the Human Rights Campaign's 2017 Municipality Equality Index (MEI). The MEI rates cities based on criteria falling under five broad categories: non-discrimination laws; municipality as employer; municipal services; law enforcement; and relationship with the LBGTQ community.
- Trivago Magazine ranks Albany as one of the "10 Best Gaycation Destinations That Might Surprise You."
- New York State is the most desired travel location in the world for the LGBT community. Learn more from the I LOVE NEW YORK's LGBT resources.