Olana is the greatest masterpiece of Frederic Edwin Church (1826-1900), the preeminent American artist of the mid-19thC and the most important artist’s home, studio and designed landscape in the United States. Church designed Olana as a holistic environment integrating his advanced ideas about art, architecture, landscape design, and environmental conservation. Olana’s 250-acre artist-designed landscape with a Persian-inspired house at its summit embraces unrivaled panoramic views of the Hudson Valley and Catskill Mountains and, today welcomes more than 170,000 visitors annually.
Olana State Historic Site, a historic site administered by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, Taconic Region, is a designated National Historic Landmark and one of the most visited sites in the state. The Olana Partnership, a private not-for-profit education corporation, works cooperatively with New York State to support the restoration, conservation, and interpretation of Olana State Historic Site. For details about programs, events or to book a house or landscape tour, please visit www.olana.org.
- Open January:
- Open February:
- Open March:
- Open April:
- Open May:
- Open June:
- Open July:
- Open August:
- Open September:
- Open October:
- Open November:
- Open December:
- Monday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Tuesday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Wednesday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Thursday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Friday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Saturday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Sunday Hours: Park open 8am to sunset.
- Tour Times: Tours currently offered Friday-Sunday from 11:00am to 3:30pm
- Guided Tours:
- Self-Guided Tours:
- Admission Fee: varies
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Public Restroom:
- Gift Shop: