Volunteer for Discover Albany!
Discover Albany was incorporated in 1976 to promote the New York State Capital as a destination for visitors and convention delegates. Discover Albany volunteers play an integral part in welcoming guests to the Capital Region at local events, national conferences, sporting tournaments, and more.
Volunteer job duties include:
- Greeting visitors at Albany information tables at various locations - local hotels and Albany attractions, such as the Empire State Plaza and Times Union Center
- Answering conference attendee questions about Albany and handing out Discover Albany Visitors Guides, maps, restaurant guides, and attraction information
- Assisting conferences with their event registration and other tasks as assigned
- Welcoming fans and families at major sporting events such as the NYSPHSAA State Wrestling Tournament
- Assisting the ACCVB staff with mailings and other administrative tasks
- Complimentary training
- Invite to our Annual Volunteer Luncheon (volunteers are to have volunteered at least twice)
- Receive a copy of our Quarterly Volunteer Newsletter
- Learn about Albany County events, attractions, arts & entertainment, sporting events, and more
Become Discover Albany Volunteer Today!
Are you ready to become a volunteer for Discover Albany? Complete the application below and a member of our Convention Services Team will contact you soon!