Are you ready for some fun! It is almost Altamont Fair time!
Save $$ - purchase in advance!
One price ticket includes admission, attractions, parking, music, The Royal Hanneford Circus, and UNLIMITED RIDES!
Discount online advance purchase $18, ends Monday, August 15 at midnight.
The Altamont Fair office is open from 9 am - 2 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday if you prefer to purchase tickets in person. $18. Please add 3 1/2% if paying by credit card.
Children under 36" are free
Special FREE admissions on Wednesday, August 17
Thanks to Dreamland Amusements - These special admissions include RIDES!
Senior Citizens (Age 65 and up) Free Admission with ID all day!
Grange Members Free Admission with ID all day!
Armed Services Day Free Admission with ID all day! (Active Military & Veterans)
Children under 36" are free. There are height restrictions on the midway rides, children under 36" are not permitted on Midway rides, - there are 3 rides for under 30" and adults may ride with younger children on the Big Wheel and Merry Go-Round. there are also multiple Kid Zones around the Fairgrounds
Limited rides are available for children 36"- 48".
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover at all gates.
There are ATM machines available on the Fairgrounds.
We accept the New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs, Inc. pass.
This pass includes admission, parking, shows and entertainment - this pass does not include rides.
Helpful Tips to make your Altamont Fair experience more fun!
1. Make a plan of where to meet on the fairgrounds in case you are split up.
2. Make note of where you came in - all the gates are numbered.
3. Make sure to bring medications with you in case of an emergency.
4. Bring a stroller/wagon for the kids - there is a lot of ground to cover!
5. Bring sunscreen and apply often! Sunscreen will be available for purchase at the Altamont Country Store
6. Lost child - Talk to your children about what to do if they get lost. All fair staff have been trained to assist. Make sure you have a recent picture of your child. We recommend taking a picture at the gate you entered in. Your child should go to a person with a name badge within a building, at any of the five gates or a person in a security uniform.
7. If you have a large party, be sure to designate a time and place to meet if you are separated.
8. Open toed shoes, sandals and flip-flops are not allowed on many of the rides.
9. Saving the midway for last. If you use Gate 5 off of Altamont-Voorheesville Rd, take a right as you enter the fairgrounds. This will take you in a counter clockwise direction around the entire fairgrounds, saving the rides until last.