Make this holiday memorable for you and your family! Join us for a richly immersive walk-through experience of the Ten Broeck Mansion, decorated for the holidays.
Learn about the history of the Ten Broeck Mansion. Our docents are available to answer your questions about holidays in the past and the history of our community in a walk-through tour experience. Exhibits of artisan-made textiles and crafts using historic techniques, plus a celebration of holidays around the world.
We recommend you reserve your timed admission tickets in advance as tour spaces are limited.
For kids: Pick up a free ornament kit for children. Free children's educational activities & kits: "Indoor Forest" exploration for younger children and "Round the World" for middle school.
Shop local: Shop our porch shop and indoor shop of hand-made wreaths, ornaments, and vintage tea cups, books, and locally-made artisanal goods from our museum shop. Admission to porch sale and museum shop: free (reservations not required).
Museum Shop Hours: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays noon-3 from December 1-December 17. Museum shop: free admission, no reservations required.
Select products will be 50% off on Sunday December 17.
Make your visit safe and enjoyable:
1) By car: please park in our Livingston Avenue lot - free off-street parking. Our historic neighborhood has sidewalks for easy pedestrian access. See our website for information on public transportation.
2) Please wear comfortable shoes for walking on historic, sometimes uneven surfaces (no spike heels). Bags should be smaller than a backpack. Please dress in layers and/or carry your coat (no coat check). Please no touching of historic museum collections.
3) Due to limited space, late arrivals may not be able to join tour. Late arrivals will not be able to stay past the allotted time.
4) Free educational kits and self-guided garden tours available in our garden kiosk.
5) Event may be cancelled in case of significant inclement weather. We will strive to provide another day for ticket-holders and/or offer extended hours, but we cannot guarantee a new time slot for every visitor. Thank you for your understanding.
- November 29: Holiday House Kick-Off! A True Gem Fundraiser at Glennpeter Jewelers (Glenmont) - live music with Carmen Lookshire, hot buffet, cash bar, Victorian costume photo-op, raffles & more. Adults: $10, ACHA members $5, youth free.
- Fridays December 1, 8, and 15: Special Holiday House Tours.
- For our December 2 Event featuring musicians from the Albany Symphony, please see separate reservations page.
- Saturday December 9: Holiday Memory Journals Workshop - Inspired by Victorian paper collage and 3-D techniques. Adults: $10, ACHA members $5. Ages 18 and up. Please see separate reservations page.
- Wednesdays December 13 & 20: Warm & Wonderful: Textile Artist talks on traditions and innovations in working with wool, from knitting to weaving. 7:00-7:30 pm via Zoom. Free.
- Saturday December 16: Sinterklaas Story Time on Ten Broeck Mansion porch and Children's Tea Party (reserve separately) from 11 am - noon. Both events are free
- Sunday December 17: Historic embroidery techniques demonstration Sunday from 12-3 pm with the New York Capital District Chapter of the Embroiders' Guild of America.
- Book a private tour for your group or club - groups of 8 or more. Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays, and Friday mornings. A great way to have special holiday event for your workplace! Contact us for more information.
Give Back: Community Food Drive. Share with others during this time of need. The Ten Broeck Mansion is collecting donations of canned food items or boxed food (crackers, pasta, cereal) to be shared with a local food pantry. Please drop off when you visit. Participation is optional.
Help us continue to offer free and affordable programming for our community - donating or joining as an ACHA member are appreciated. Thank you.
ACHA membership: please renew your ACHA membership if you have not done so already. Thank you.