Lego® Building Challenge Columbus Day Weekend 2018 Theme: Animals
Building Session Dates and Times:
10/7 Sunday Afternoon Challenge Session 1:00-3:00 PM
10/8 Monday Morning Challenge Session 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
10/8 Monday Afternoon Challenge Session 2:00-4:00 PM
Registration Fee: $5 per person (includes museum admission, registrations are non-refundable)
Online Registration is not available on the date of the event. Walk in registration may be available; please call during business hours.
Team registration: each team may include one to four people.
Time: 1 ½ hours for construction, ½ hour for judging and awards
Size Limit: 10” x 10” base
Bring friends, family, and colleagues to work together to create beautiful LEGO® structures. This year’s theme is animals. Let your imagination run wild, share your vision, and win awards with teams from across the capital region. Basic building blocks will be supplied; however, contestants may also bring in their own.
- Models must be built using only LEGO® bricks and elements. You may bring in your own pieces or we will provide you with basic bricks in a variety of sizes and a 10” x 10” base.
- Entries must be original designs based on the theme. Commercially sold kits or published designs are not permitted.
- Project entries must be completely assembled within the one and a half hour time limit. All assembly must be completed on site during the challenge; no pre-built parts will be permitted.
- Your team may choose to practice building your model prior to the day of the building challenge.
- Feel free to bring sketches, drawings, and photographs to use as reference.
- Judging will occur during the assembly time as well as after final assembly. Participants will have the opportunity to describe their structure as part of the judging process.
- During the competition, children under 12 must be supervised by the adults who brought them; they cannot be left alone.
Please note that space is limited, and pre-registration is required.
For more information contact Patrick Stenshorn at 518-463-4478- ext 405 or e-mail to email@example.com
If using a mobile device to register please switch your viewing options to full desktop view in order to complete the registration.
Participation in the event assumes consent for photographs to be used for museum purposes unless participants otherwise notify The Albany Institute of History & Art.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO® Group of Companies which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this event.