Join us for a special focus tour of the portraits in the Ten Broeck Mansion, focusing on the lives of all who lived and worked here.
Join our Director Kathryn Kosto, an artist and art historian, for a special focus tour of the Ten Broeck Mansion examining the portraits and lives of those who lived and worked in Albany, from 1798 to the early 20th century. We will examine the role of portraiture in creating family memories, community history, and forging a communal and personal sense of identity. Special collections and archival materials will be on view for this focus tour. For 2020, all children are FREE (up to age 18). Tour has 2 versions: for adults or for children. Free children's activity kits included with tour. We recommend at least one adult per child under 5. We suggest you take an additional 20-30 minutes to explore our extensive gardens on your own.
To make your visit safe for all:
1) Tours are for one family group only - up to 10 persons. Once your family has signed up, the tour is closed to others.
2) All individuals ages 2 and up are required to wear a face mask at all times. Please practice social distancing. Hand sanitizing stations are throughout the museum.
3) Please wear comfortable shoes for walking on historic, sometimes uneven surfaces (no spike heels). Bags should be smaller than a backpack. Please no touching of historic museum collections.
4) Due to limitations on our tour schedule to be in compliance with health regulations, we are unable to offer refunds. However, you may let us know to contact you if a tour slot opens up and we will credit your tickets.
5) Late arrivals will not be able to stay past the allotted time.
6) ACHA members will have active membership verified prior to tour start.
7) Can't join us for a tour? Our gift shop is open on Thursdays 10 am - 2 pm, and Saturdays 1-4 pm. Browse locally made artisanal gifts and our history book selections.
This program series made possible in part with funding from Humanities NY.