Join us on Saturday, April 24 for two Earth Day neighborhood clean-ups. We'll start at the Olde English Downtown Dog Park (119 N. Pearl Street) from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, and move to the African American Cultural Center of the Capital Region (135 S. Pearl Street) from 12:00 - 2:00 PM. Rakes, shovels, and leaf and garbage bags will be provided . Help tidy up Downtown and safely get to know your neighbors in the process.
Free parking is available on-street or in ParkAlbany garages.
All attendees are required to practice social distancing, wear masks and appropriate PPE, and must sign-in either in advance via Eventbrite or at the event for contact tracing purposes.
By registering for the clean-up, you agree to the following terms:
- You will not attend the event if you have any signs of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, flu-like symptoms), have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are awaiting test results.
- You agree to sign a health attestation stating the above and to provide contact information to event organizers for potential contact tracing.
- You will wear a mask and practice social distancing at the event.
- You will contact the Downtown Albany BID immediately should you become aware that anyone in your group may have been COVID-19 positive during your participation in the clean-up.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding your participation in the clean-up. You represent and warrant that you are physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent your full participation in the clean-up. You recognize that clean-up activities may require physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and you are fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- By participating in the neighborhood clean-up, you agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which you might incur as a result of participating in the program. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the neighborhood clean-up, you knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim you may have against the City of Albany, the African American Cultural Center for the Capital Region, and/or Downtown Albany Business Improvement District for injury or damages that you may sustain as a result of participating in the program.