Holiday shopping season has arrived! From bustling shopping malls, to festive outdoor plazas, to charming holiday markets, to local gift shops, there are tons of places for visitors (and residents!) to shop for gifts. Keep scrolling for all the details on where to shop in Albany County this holiday season.
Crossgates is a destination for holiday shoppers across the region. With over 180 shops varying from the LEGO store, to Zara, to lululemon, to Macy's, there are retailers with gifts for everyone on your list. Bring your tiny tots to Santa Land to whisper their Christmas wishes. Splurge on a shopping weekend getaway and book a night at the Homewood Suites & Tru by Hilton at Crossgates to conveniently shop until you drop. After an intense holiday shopping spree, Crossgates offers ways to relax and unwind with movies, restaurants, a spa and entertainment venues.
Stuyvesant Plaza is perfect for shoppers searching for "Main Street" holiday charm and boutique style stores. This plaza offers the best of both worlds with unique shops such as Different Drummer's Kitchen, RAD Soap, G.Willikers and Ten Thousand Villages and popular retailers such as West Elm, White House | Black Market and Loft. While browsing the shops, marvel at the cheerful holiday window displays from the Plaza's yearly window decorating contest. As an added festive bonus, shoppers can travel from one end of the plaza to the other on a horse-drawn carriage on weekends throughout the holiday season.
Shop at Colonie Center this season! The shopping mall, located on Wolf Road in Colonie, is dressed in holiday style with joyful garlands, sparkling trees and cheerful wreaths. Pick up holiday gifts from over 100 specialty shops including Barnes & Noble, Sephora, L.L. Bean, The Body Shop, J. Crew Factory and more. Bring your little ones (or your favorite furry friend!) for a photo opp with Santa while he is in town. Perk up after shopping by catching a blockbuster flick at the movies or dining at one of the delicious restaurants.
Local Holiday Markets
Support small businesses and local heritage sites at this season's holiday markets and craft fairs.
- Now - December 20: Shaker Holiday Market at Shaker Heritage Society
- November 30: Handmade at The Hollow by Enchanted Florist & Downtown Albany BID
- December 6, 7, 13 & 14: Fort Orange Holiday Market
- December 6, 7 & 8: Annual Italian Christmas Market at American Italian Heritage Museum & Cultural Center
- December 6: Gifted Holiday Market at Albany Barn
- December 7: Christmas Market at Irish American Heritage Museum
- December 8: Taste NY Holiday Market at New York State Museum
- December 8: Holiday Sale & Open House at Albany Art Room
- December 8: Holiday Hilltown Market by Helderberg Hilltowns Association
- December 15: Wintermarket in Altamont
Small Businesses & Local Gift Shops
Pick up hand-crafted goods from local makers or an Albany-themed trinket at these gift shops & small businesses.