ALBANY, NY - The Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACCVB) recently released the 2015 Spirit of Albany recipe guides featuring eleven original cocktail recipes from restaurants and culinary attractions throughout Albany County. This is the third year of the promotion that encourages local mixologists to create original cocktail recipes that they feel embody the true spirit of Albany.
This year's recipes include ingredients from local producers like Nine Pin Cider Works, the Albany Distilling Company, the Underground Alchemy, and Harvest Spirits. Many also make good use out of apples, New York State's official fruit!
The 2015 cocktails are as follows:
- The Tri-City Martini - Reel Seafood Co.
- Apple Cider Sangria - The Ginger Man
- Ironweed Old Fashioned - Albany Distilling Company
- Centennial Tini - Jack's Oyster House
- ‘Old Lansing House' Cosmo - The Hollow
- Roff Old Fashion - The Century House
- The Warehouse District - Nine Pin Cider Works
- Empire State Apple Manhattan - Wolf's 1-11 Arena Sports Grill
- Albany Apple Knocker - New World Bistro
- Dark & Spicy - 677 Prime
- Passion Fruit Caipiroska - Texas de Brazil
New This Year: Video Series
This year, along with the Spirit of Albany recipe cards, the ACCVB is producing a video series that features each cocktail with a step by step "how-to" by the mixologist! The eleven videos will be released each Friday beginning April 3 and will be available on the ACCVB's Discover Albany YouTube page: www.youtube.com/discoveralbany.
Learn more about this campaign by watching this video. Read the inspiration behind each cocktail, view the recipes, or order your our free recipe guide online at www.albany.org/spiritofalbany. Recipe guides may be picked up at the Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center for free, or at any of the participating restaurants/locations.
The Spirit of Albany is a special promotion of The Culinary Capital, a destination marketing program administered by the Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau. More information on The Culinary Capital can be found at www.theculinarycapital.com.