Film Albany completely understands that casting your location can turn a good film into a great film. The right sense of place can make or break a film. Many times your location often acts as a main character or contains the entirety of the action. Your locations may not be as specific or detailed as an award-winning director yet, but they are as vitally important to your film as the screenplay or cast. Send your professional images directly from the comfort of your office to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click this link to view unique location photos of roadways/tunnels, government buildings, etc.
- Albany, NY is located approximately 2 1/2 hours away from New York City. You can drive or take the daily Amtrak train service on the Empire, Adirondack Corridor or Ethan Allen Express routes. Easy Peasy.
- In downtown Albany, you will be surrounded by streets that mimic Manhattan, Boston and Washington D.C. Exciting scenes such as crashing vans, simulated gunfire and helicopter aerobatics have already found a home in Albany. See The Other Guys being shot in Albany, NY.
- Four tired highways for great actions scenes. Click here to view the SALT car chase scene.
- Futuristic buildings and plaza. Exterior and interior locations.
- Parks & Recreation Areas.
- "Retired" powerplants.
- World's only floating and restored destroyer escort - USS Slater DE-766. Battle Under Orion shot aboard the Slater.
- Albany International Airport and privately owned South Albany Airport.
- Farms, historical mansions and Carey Institute for Global Good.
- Rural areas and towns within driving distance right outside of Albany.
- All styles of commercial and residential architecture.
- Several government buildings, courthouses and the NYS Capitol (HBO documentary Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight filmed on the steps of the NYS Education Building - doubled for Washington, D.C.).
Click here to return to the Film Albany home page.
Follow us on social media!