ACCVB Annual Meeting - Special Awards Mark Meeting's Celebration
ALBANY,N.Y. (April 11, 2011) – The annual meeting of the Albany County Convention& Visitors Bureau (ACCVB), held at the Albany Marriott, was not only awrap-up of the year, but also an opportunity to recognize the outstanding workof multiple Capital Region citizens including the Hospitality Excellence AwardWinner and the 2010 Albany Ambassadors.
TheACCVB Hospitality Excellence Award is the only award developed solely torecognize excellence in travel and tourism in the Capital Region. This year’srecipient, the Albany Institute of History & Art, excepted by InstituteDirector Christine Miles, has been instrumental in the growth and prosperity ofthe hospitality industry in the Capital Region and beyond.
AlbanyAmbassadors are volunteer meeting planners who provide the Capital Region withnew and diverse opportunities to host meetings, reunions, conferences, andsporting events. This marks the 18th year that the ACCVB hashonored an exceptional group of Albany Ambassadors. To receive thedesignation of Albany Ambassador, one must be an event or committee volunteerand the meeting must realize in excess of 100 room nights.
The2010 Albany Ambassadors were responsible for bringing over 10,170 delegates andvisitors, as well as over 3,090 room nights to the Albany area throughout 2010.gThe 2010 Albany Ambassadors are:
- Ms. Joy Smolinski, Coordinator, & Caleb Nelson, NE Regional Crossfit Qualifier
- Mr. Al Ruth, NY VI President, Northeast Conference Blue Knights
- Dr. Alain C. Diebold, 5th International Conference on Spectroscopic Ellipsometry
- Mr. Yono Purnomo, Mr. Todd Reichelt, Mr. Gary Smith, Mr. Joseph Culver, and Planning Committee,
Annual Albany Chefs Food & Wine Festival
- Ms. Cathy Sliwinski, Race Director, Mohawk Hudson River Marathon & Half Marathon
- Mr. Dale Neimeyer, Planner, National Conference, Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Mr. Jeffrey Stark, Secretary, Higher Education Data Warehousing Forum
- Ms. Melissa Bergin, Coordinator, School Library Media Specialists Conference
- Ms. Marie Rabideau & Mr. Noah Simon, 34th SUNY Career Development Officers Conference
- Ms. Kathy Marco, Guilderland United Soccer Tournament
TheAlbany County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. was established in 1976 topromote the civic and commercial progress of the community through increaseddevelopment of conventions and tourism. ACCVB currently represents more than300 member businesses and assists each year in hundreds of regional meetings.ACCVB also operates the Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center, Henry HudsonPlanetarium and the Albany International Airport Information Center. For moreinformation, call 518-434-1217 or 800-258-3582 and/or visit www.albany.org.